(1) Linux and Bash Scripting Training
This course will run from 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th July and will include a considerable hands-on element. There will be a charge of $220 per day for attendance. Lunch and basic refreshments will be provided. This course will be delivered by Aaron Burgemeister.
- Understand computer basics (work in IT for a couple years)
- Be able to type; keyboard mastery helps with things that require the keyboard
- Understand experience, backgrounds
- Ideas for work-relevant scripts (past, present, future)
- SLES 12 Overview - Filesystem basics, Yast review, systemd, Btrfs, cron, vi, privileges
Shell Script Sections and Labs
- Basic shell script creation
- Using variables and command substitution
- Branching logic
- if and case statements
- while and for loops
- Arithmetic operators
- Bash arithmetic, doing advanced arithmetic using shell programs
- Interacting with the user
- Prompting for input, validating responses, handling errors
- Making it modular
- Shell functions
- Challenge lab
- Interactive or scripted, making the final results versatile enough for beginners, and powerful enough for inclusion in other scripts.
- Working with directories (eDirectory)
- More Tools
- Various commands that extend the shell's usefulness
- Scheduling scripts for maintenance or reporting
More as time allows
(2) ZENworks - The FULL Potential
This course will run from 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th July and will include a considerable hands-on element. There will be a charge of $220 per day for attendance. Lunch and basic refreshments will be provided. The course will be delivered by Paul Pedron from the ZEN Support organization.
This years’ 2 day “ZENworks – The Full Potential” workshop will include Install and upgrades to the latest ZENworks 2017 Update 2 along with troubleshooting and a toolbox of utilities. The title “The FULL potential” came to mind, to explore ZENworks, to ease administration of hundreds and even thousands of devices. We’ll have collaborative discussions and exercises on ZONE building, using scripts to build a new fully operational test zone in minutes.
Day one will be busy with the preparation, health check, Install and Update hands-on exercises, providing a first-hand look at the latest ZENworks 2017 Update2 console. We’ll then build up a zone within minutes using both scripting and subscriptions between the zones for the transfer of bundles and policies.
Day two will be just as intense, leveraging ZENworks FULL potential by looking at the built-in features to ease administration within and across zones. Reminting certs, Configuring ZAPP and ZAPP Branding for the Managed devices, discuss leveraging Locations and Network Environments to balance the network workload, ease the registration process for managed devices, and also a better understanding of the Mobile device management the ZENworks 2017 Update 2 will provide or your organization. Included will be a toolbox of techniques and utilities (both ZENworks and Non-ZENworks) that can be used to troubleshoot through tough ZENworks situations. And somewhere in between, get a better understanding how to install an FTF provided by development.
Come to TTP USA, and come early for a great ZENworks challenge and learning opportunity.
(3) OES in the 21st Century
This course will be free of charge and will run from 2pm to 5.30pm on Sunday 8th July. Lunch will be available from 1pm. The course will be delivered by David Shepherd from Micro Focus Consulting - David being the consultant deeply involved with the Sky Television OES 2018 Project. The agenda will be as follows:
- Outline of virtual network
- Upgrade of existing OES2015 server to OES2018
- Build of new OES2018 cluster node.
- Upgrade of OES2015 cluster node
- Configuration of NSSAD
- Migration to NSS64
- Configuration of Cloud Integrated Storage
To register for the conference and to book one or more of these courses please visit the Conference Booking Page